Preparations for the travel to León: Introduction
León is the capital of León’s Spanish province. It belongs to the region Comunidad Autónoma de Castilla y León. The city is situated on the North-West part of the Iberian Peninsula, having borders with:
- The Region of Asturias and Cantabria, on the North;
- The Galician provinces of Orense and Lugo, on the West;
- The provinces of Zamora and Valladolid, on the South;
- The province of Palencia, on the East.
León is an intermediate point between important regions from the Iberian Peninsula. Two main routes go through León and its province:
- From South to North ,the Vía de la Plata,
- From East to West, the pilgrimage to Santiago.
You can reach our city by: